She enjoys working with clients to develop effective tax and financial plans then helping them measure their progress. In addition, Adrian believes communication is critical and is continually working with clients to keep them up to date on current developments and tax law changes. In serving clients, Jim above all looks for different ways to provide value.
We recommend QuickBooks Online, which we ranked as the overall best small business accounting software. If you decide to become certified as a QuickBooks ProAdvisor, you’ll have the added benefit of a free subscription to QuickBooks Online Accountant. Small clients often have simple bookkeeping needs and small revenue, so you may want to charge them less.
IRS Shuts Down Hopes of Tax Deductibility of PPP Funded Expenses
She has owned Check Yourself, a bookkeeping and payroll service that specializes in small business, for over twenty years. She holds a Bachelor’s degree from UCLA and has served on the Board of the National Association of Women Business Owners. She also regularly writes about travel, food, and books for various lifestyle publications. It’s important to note that the software you use may affect your rate, as some solutions are more expensive than others. Another important factor is your expertise in various accounting software. In general, good cloud-based software makes accounting easier and reduces the hours, allowing you to charge more per hour.
- This was where I first began to use QuickBooks® and discovered how much better and more versatile it was than the other programs I had seen.
- Many of the top virtual bookkeeping services also have add-on services, such as catch-up bookkeeping, payroll, and tax filing, which can streamline your work.
- Membership with the GAQC enables us to receive up-to-date information on issues pertinent to nonprofit organizations undergoing engagements performed under OMB Circular A-133.
- Basic bookkeeping records day-to-day financial transactions such as sales, expenses, and payments.
- David enjoys weekend vineyard tours with his wife, playing and coaching soccer with his daughters and outdoors activities such as biking, camping and hiking.
- “The expertise, knowledge and professionalism from Justin is so reassuring.Justin is the BEST!!
Northern Virginia today.
Jennifer joined the YHB Community Bank Team in October of 2017. Prior to joining YHB, her career spanned from working with non-profits to her current specialty in working with Community Banks. An avid golfer, Kevin enjoys spending time on the greens, or with his wife , daughter and son. In her spare time, she enjoys visiting local craft breweries and going to the beach. “Jim has been proactive in helping me avert problems.” –Bruce G.
Curtis received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accounting, both from Penn State University. After graduation, he spent time at Aronson, LLC working with privately held multi-state government contractors, software as service entities, and high net-worth owners. As a trusted advisor, he assisted startup and high growth clients with initial business setup.
- As a QuickBooks ProAdvisor, YHB is certified to provide your business with the tools you need to harness the power, features and functionality of QuickBooks.
- I’ve given input on website design, organized filing systems, analyzed insurance policies, and set up phone system programming.
- As a nonprofit leader, your focus — and your budget — is on your organization’s mission.
- He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- Danielle is a writer for the Finance division of Fit Small Business.
He is a member of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants and the American Institute of Certified Public accountants. Kevin is highly experienced in delivering a broad range of accounting and business advisory services, including tax planning and filing, audits, succession planning, and profit improvement consulting. https://www.newsbreak.com/@cnn-edits-1668599/3002242453910-cash-flow-management-rules-in-the-construction-industry-best-practices-to-keep-your-business-afloat And through his active participation in various construction trade associations, he has developed a keen understanding of industry trends and issues. As the leader of our Family Wealth Services Team, she provides comprehensive tax, estate, trust, and gift planning and advisory services to wealthy families and individuals.
How the Section 199A Qualified Business Income Deduction Affects Government Contractors
Brian is readily accessible to provide advisory services on technical questions and simple ones. He regularly meets with bankers, attorneys, real estate agents and various other service providers to assure his clients always have access to the experts they need. Kelly graduated from Penn State University in 1999 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. She became a licensed CPA in 2000 and later went on to get her Master’s in Taxation from Robert Morris University in 2006. She has worked in public accounting for over 20 years providing tax and advisory services. Kelly supports YHB’s Healthcare Team and general tax practice where she focuses on individual and small business tax preparation and planning.
Shelley has worked exclusively on the bank team since joining YHB. Shelley’s experience includes all aspects of bank taxation compliance and consulting. Shelley’s unique combination of bank audit and tax experience is an asset to the team. Shelley is a graduate of Shepherd University and regularly leads bank tax training for our staff and clients. Derek specializes in assisting individual and corporate fiduciaries with complex trust/estate tax and compliance related issues. In addition, he excels in providing individuals and business owners with sound tax and business planning, taking into consideration their unique concerns and issues.